DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  DB server Replication

Posted Jul 30, 2018 12:53 AM

Hi Team,

We are trying for the replication of our UIM DB server and the DB admin has confirmed that the tables without primary key cannot be replicated.

Since All the QOS tables doesn't have the primary key,we couldn't proceed with this activity.

Please let me know can we set primary key in QOS tables?Will it have impact on the DB schema?

If its possible , which(source,host,target) one can be used as primary

Regards,

Usha

• 2.  Re: DB server Replication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 11:51 AM

Changing of the database schema by adding a primary key is not supported.

None of the values in source,host,target are expected to be unique so can not be used a primary key

what type of back end slq server database are you using and what version.

Once you provide that maybe others can chime in on possible solutions.

• 3.  Re: DB server Replication

Posted Jul 31, 2018 12:15 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the update,

We are using MSSQL server and the version is Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3000.0 (X64)
    Enterprise Edition

Regards,

Usha

• 4.  Re: DB server Replication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:17 AM

As far as I can tell you will not be able to use replication but you should be able to use database mirroring if you have full recovery mode enabled.

• 5.  Re: DB server Replication

Posted Aug 02, 2018 03:30 AM

Hi Gene,

This replication server we are going to use to fetch the data by servicenow from database for report integration.So Mirroring would not be help as the servicenow team cannot read and fetch the data from database server.

• 6.  Re: DB server Replication

Posted Aug 01, 2018 12:30 PM

Whether it is new setup ? Have you enabled SQL mirroring ?Do you have good bandwidth between primary to DR database servers ? ..I would suggest to take a new full backup ,transaction backup   and restore in DR and then enable mirroring .