Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to  provide username and password for CVS SMTP settings. Without that I get "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated " error

• 1.  Is there any way to  provide username and password for CVS SMTP settings. Without that I get "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated " error

Posted Jul 30, 2018 06:55 AM

I am trying to setup email notification for CVS. I added the smtp fields to lisa.properties

lisa.alert.email.emailAddr=....

# And this is the email server we will attempt to route emails with (SMTP server).
    lisa.alert.email.defHosts=....
    lisa.alert.email.smtpPort=26

I could not find any reference for username and password in the documentations. I get the following error:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

Any solution for this ?

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to  provide username and password for CVS SMTP settings. Without that I get "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated " error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 04:14 AM

Hi,

I do not think the SMTP server which the authentication information is reqiured can be set to the CVS Email Notification.
    But you can use that kind of SMTP server for an Metrics Email Alert(Please read Staging Document Editor - Metrics Tab).

Thank you

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to  provide username and password for CVS SMTP settings. Without that I get "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated " error

Posted Aug 01, 2018 08:22 AM

Thank you for the answer. Still if it would be standard solution it would be better.