Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down

Posted Jul 30, 2018 07:16 AM

We are getting multiple alert emails from our perf environment saying network storage for session recording is down and up. We have started receiving this emails in bulk and frequesntly. Attached mails and screenshots for the alert and session recording status as well. Can anybody suggest a solution in this.

We have checked the configurations from the Appliance and compared with our QA environment appliances , but nothing is changed or broken. Please suggest any resolution for this as getting messages abundantly and it is annoying.

We have investigated with our network and storage team as well. They have confirmed that no changes has been done from their side and everything looks fine. 

Note: We have recently upgraded our appliances from 2.8.4.1 to 3.2.0.341

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down

Posted Aug 03, 2018 01:58 PM

This would best be addressed with a Support ticket.  Please open a ticket on the Support portal and attach the Sysinfo and Session Log(collected after reproducing the problem).  You should also set the Web Services Log Level = Debug, on the Config --> Diagnostics page, before reproducing the problem.  Download the System Logfile(logs.bin), after reproducing the problem, and attach it to the ticket. 

• 3.  Re: PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:35 AM

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply, The issue is now resolved as there was a server time zone mismatch, after upgrade the time zone was automatically changed to UTC in appliance but since network storage and all our servers follow either IST or EST I guess that is the reason may be we were receiving alerts frequently as UP and Down. I have changed the server time zone to IST timings and immediately alerts stopped triggering.

Though i am guessing that the above reason might be the case, I would really like to know the significance of this time zone whether it is in UTC or any time zone. Why exactly those alerts started triggering?

• 4.  Re: PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down

Posted Aug 31, 2018 11:14 AM

Hi,

Once again, the log messages started triggering in bulk. This time can any one tell me why it is getting triggered.?

Regards,

Manirul

• 5.  Re: PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:30 PM

One possible reason we've seen many messages generated regarding recordings is if the mount becomes full.  There was a defect for this on some version of PAM, which may have been addressed already.  I'll have to do some research.  We also are dealing with a "mounted but not available" issue on 3.2, which is related to nfs version 3.  There does not seem to be an issue with nfs version 4.  I do not know if this will directly involve a load of messages, but want you to be aware of this problem.  Try using nfs v4, or some other recording mount methodology, to see if the problem can be resolved. 

• 6.  Re: PAM-UPD-0014 : Primary network storage for session recording is down

Posted Sep 03, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi,

What is the storage requirement  for NAS drives. In our network /pamperf is the drive in the host - Sanasqa01.lowes.qa drive. I just checked with a network engineer and about the space information and he replied this : 

[nasadmin@savnxnas01-cs0 ~]$ nas_fs -s PAMPRF

total = 4033 avail = 1545 used = 2489 ( 62% ) (sizes in MB) ( blockcount = 8388608 )

volume: total = 4096 (sizes in MB) ( blockcount = 8388608 ) avail = 1544 used = 2552 ( 62% )

[nasadmin@savnxnas01-cs0 ~]$

Still 1545 mb space is left in the storage drive. So do you think it can cause the alerts?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Manirul