Rally Software

• 1.  How can you update Preliminary Estimate with JIRA Rally Connector

Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:55 PM

I believe this was working before the TLS update. However now, when trying to update the Preliminary Estimate field, it isn't updating.

First, I tried mapping direct (i.e., "M" in JIRA would map to "M" in Rally. I received the following error: 

2018-07-30 05:55:15 Z - RallyEIF::WRK::RallyConnection.initialize - Error on request - https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/portfolioitem/feature/create?workspace=workspace/2589233262 - {:errors=>["Cannot parse object reference from \"M\""], :warnings=>[]}

When attempting to resolve, I've tried mapping the "PreliminaryEstimate.Name", "PreliminaryEstimate.refObjectName" - both of these removed the error, but the field wasn't populated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  Re: How can you update Preliminary Estimate with JIRA Rally Connector
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 03:09 PM

Hi Eric,

The error basically tells us that it wasn't able to create the Feature. Can you include the configuration and log files please, that will help us. 

Also, are you saying that if you leave out the Preliminary Estimate (so not mapping it at all) then the connector works? 

Meaning, are you certain you isolated the issue to be the Preliminary Estimate mapping?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: How can you update Preliminary Estimate with JIRA Rally Connector

Posted Jul 30, 2018 03:27 PM

Hi, yes, if I remove the "PreliminaryEstimate" mapping from my config file, then the feature is generated without issue. I'm working on getting the config file now, but the mapping should be 1:1 drop down fields. I.e., S(JIRA) maps to S(Rally), M(JIRA) maps to M(Rally). Because we mimicked the definition of PreliminaryEstimate when we added the field to JIRA, I haven't needed any field handlers.