Rally Software

• 1.  Notifications

Posted Jul 30, 2018 04:22 PM

Is there a way to set up notifications for items assigned to me within a period of time?  IE, new User Story assigned to me within the past 7 days.  None of the fields available allow for such specifics.  Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Notifications
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:13 AM

Hi Polly! 

Are you currently hosting a Daily Stand Up? I'd think that this would be the fastest way to find out if new User Stories have been assigned to you. 

As far as notifications, have you turned on Notifications in your settings? -> Click on your AVATAR -> MY SETTINGS -> NOTIFICATIONS RULES. Under Work Product Type, select USER STORY. Select the box for "Notify me about changes to My User Stories (and items directly related to them). You can also get the My Notifications app on your dashboard once you set it up. I am wondering if this applies to only existing User Stories though or if it'll work for NEW ones as well.. I'd have to test that theory.

Also, you have to turn on your E-mail Notification settings in your Profile. Your sub admin would have to turn this on if it is not turned on already.

If that does not work, I'd ask your teammates, or whoever assigns work, to add you *** a "Watcher" to a given User Stories (it's SUPER quick and easy!), that way, you'd receive the notification right away when a new US is created, but once again, your E-mail notifications must be turned on.

Have a great day!

Kalina

• 3.  Re: Notifications

Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:27 AM

Thanks Kalina but I am trying to write a very specific query and the Add Notification options are extremely limited.  I'm already playing with Notifications hence this request for help.  I do not want User Stories to stay on a Notifications board indefinitely but rather only when very specific criteria is met.  I'm wondering if there is a way to write a sql query for this versus using the canned options. 

Thanks for any help!  Polly

• 4.  Re: Notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:11 PM

Hi Polly,

I believe you already realized it but the notifications rules criteria is quite limited. You can use Webhooks ( Manage Webhooks | CA Agile Central Help ) but that's requires development.

My suggestion is that you post an Idea to our Ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com , perhaps you can define/refine what specifically you're asking to make available per enhanced filtering. This site requires a user-id to post ideas, if you don't have one then please email to: ac-ideas@ca.com 

Thanks.

Sagi