AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  ESP_AMS_VR Table

Posted Jul 30, 2018 07:35 PM

I'm wondering if anyone cleans up the ESP_AMS_VR table. I've recently found that all version of the apps are stored in this table and when you delete an app which removes it from the ESP_AMS_DF table, it does not remove it from the ESP_AMS_VR table.

When you go to download apps it takes noticeably longer than on our prod system and while we do have a good bit more apps in test than prod, I'm wondering what we can do to reduce the time it takes to finish the action and display all apps when you go to download an app.

I've found that about 13,500 records exist in the ESP_AMS_VR table. These records are all ones that consist of deleted applications. Could removing these be beneficial at all? I'm just thinking of how, in my mind the product may act when you go to download an app in the client. I suppose it queries the AMS_VR table and by having a lot of unwanted records, maybe that is the reason behind the slowness, any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 07:34 AM

Hi,

There is a cli command - deleteapplicationversions which will clear off the records from that table. Please refer - deleteapplicationversions Command - Delete Application Versions - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.0 - CA Technologies Doc…   This is a feature added in  release12.0.

Hope it helps!

Ravi Kiran

• 3.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table

Posted Jul 31, 2018 07:57 AM

Thanks Rani but I am aware of that CLI, we ran it after recently upgrading to 12.0 and it didn't seem to make a difference. 

What I am really wondering about is by removing the records in the ESP_AMS_VR for apps that do not exist, will that help reduce the time it takes to display all the apps when you go to download one. The CLI that is provided with the product does not remove any records for apps that have already been deleted so when an app is deleted all the records for all the versions it had just sits there in the table which is fine but if manually deleting these records (13,500) will help reduce the time it takes to display all apps when you go to download one then I will be pursue that.

• 4.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 11:18 AM

Slowness when you download applications could be due to a couple of reasons from database to the environment. Do you experience slowness when you subscribe to workload on the server? One of the ways of improving performance is maintaining application versions including applications, events and calendars that are no longer needed. If there are application versions that are not needed, you can delete them and try to keep few versions of applications on the server. You can use the CLI command to delete application versions based on age for example, it deletes application versions in ESP_AMS_VR table and any records of applications that have already been deleted.

• 5.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table

Posted Aug 01, 2018 09:26 PM

The slowness is really noticeable just when you go to download an application. We have ran the CLI command and deleted a lot of versions from the ESP_AMS_VR table but the slowness is still present, it really hasn't improved

• 6.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 01:01 AM

Hi,

To know what is slowing down the "download applications" activity I would suggest that we need to look at the logs to know where the problem is. So I would suggest if you can raise the issue for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kiran 

• 7.  Re: ESP_AMS_VR Table

Posted Aug 06, 2018 11:33 AM

Thanks, I have opened a case