Layer7 API Management

• 1.  portal 4.2 - rollback tenant creation?

Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:40 AM

Is there a way to roll back the create-tenant.sh script once it has successfully created a new tenant?

I know that restoring the portal databases (portal, rbac, portal_otk_db, tenant_provisioning) to before running the script seems to be one way, but am wondering whether there is a less invasive way of doing it, particularly if the tenant has been running for a while.

Ideally I am looking for a script to delete or remove a single tenant without having to resort to file or database restores.

• 2.  Re: portal 4.2 - rollback tenant creation?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:52 AM

Hi Robbert,

Unfortunately with the on-prem Portal 4.2 there is currently no easy way to remove the tenants (no script or automated process). I believe we have a feature request opened for this to be included in a future release.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  RE: Re: portal 4.2 - rollback tenant creation?

Posted Mar 02, 2020 06:23 PM
    Hello guys, Currently I'm using API portal 4.4 version. I would like to know if there is a feature to 'uninstall' a tenant in this version

• 4.  RE: Re: portal 4.2 - rollback tenant creation?

Posted Mar 04, 2020 02:18 AM
    There is a concept of Custom Domain introduced in version 4.4 which you can create and delete unfortunately the is no option to delete the tenant once created

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-developer-portal/4-4/set-up-and-maintenance/set-up-custom-domain-names.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-developer-portal/4-4/install-configure-and-upgrade/post-installation-tasks/create-the-api-portal-tenant.html

------------------------------
    Pre-Sales Consultant
    CA Southern Africa
    ------------------------------