Rally Software

• 1.  pi chart for automated vs manual test cases in rally

Posted Aug 01, 2018 03:39 AM

how to generate pi chart for test cases of method type automated out of test cases of method manual in rally. is there anyway in rally ? if so can anyone tell me the steps to follow

• 2.  Re: pi chart for automated vs manual test cases in rally
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 08:13 AM

Hi Sudha,

You should be able to use the Custom Chart App to create a pie chart for the Method of Test Cases. You can find more information about the Custom Chart App here GitHub - RallyCommunity/CustomChart: This app is the chart equivalent of the Custom Board and Custom List apps. 

If your subscription has enabled Community Apps then it will be available in the App Catalog. If not you can find the code here CustomChart/App-uncompressed.html at master · RallyCommunity/CustomChart · GitHub. You can use it by adding a Custom HTML app to a Custom Page or Dashboard once it has been added paste the source code for the app into it.

When you have it added please try the following App Settings:

Chart Type: Pie

Type: Test Case 

Aggregate By: Method

Aggregation Type: Count

• 3.  Re: pi chart for automated vs manual test cases in rally

Posted Aug 02, 2018 05:03 AM

Thank you . I can generate chart now. But how can I publish. Currently only visible in my account reports page. Is there any option so that my created page can be visible to others

• 4.  Re: pi chart for automated vs manual test cases in rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 06:58 AM

Hi Sudha,

If you have administrator access you can create and share the Custom Page. Then other can see it as well. If you don't have administrator access then you would need to work with an administrator to get the page created. You can find more information about how to create and share a Custom Page here Create Custom Pages | CA Agile Central Help