AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simulate during CV start-up

Question asked by SchulzP on Aug 1, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by steve.harmeson

My CV's address space/started task is started via JCL with a PGM=IDMSDC (or PGM=RHDCOMVS). I specify a SIMIN1 DD so the job executes the equivalent of a DC/UCF SIMULATE under PGM=UCFBTCH. We use this Simulate in order to execute some DCMT commands when the system starts (I assume so that we can change things on the fly as opposed to having them in the sysgen). I have found that when executed in the PGM=RHDCOMVS step, I must issue a login using the following commands (not unlike what I would do If logged into IDMS via 3270 session):

MAXTERM=1 NOTRACE
SIMSGON
     <ID>
     <password>
%ENTER
%ENTER
DCMT V SNAP SYSTEM ON

DCMT V TRACE TABLE SIZE 8MB
DCMT V SYSTRACE ON
DCMT V PROG AGC1B009 PROGRAM CHECK THRESHOLD 255

%ENTER 

BYE

Of course the DCMT V SNAP SYSTEM OFF, etc. are the DCMT commands I want to execute.

Currently we have a project to change the ID in ACF2 to not require a password. And now I am not able to find a way to get logged into simulate.

So my question is 2-fold:

1. Is simulate the best way to make quick changes like the DCMT V SNAP SYSTEM OFF when starting my CVs? Is there another way to do it that doesn't require Simulate?

2. Is it possible to execute Simulate under RHDCOMVS without a password (or without issuing the SIMSGON with ID and password). I have found that SIGNON can be used in place of SIMSGON - not sure of the difference.

-paul

Outcomes