CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How does the 'Quick Profile' functionality work? And how can it be modified?

• 1.  How does the 'Quick Profile' functionality work? And how can it be modified?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 03:12 PM

Hey everyone,

I am implementation a new modification for when a ticket is being created. This modification dynamically updates the locational information on a ticket when the customer has been changed. This happens through a series of functions, that are triggered in the backfill_cnt_event() function, which then goes into our custom zcustomerChanged() function, and then chains through a fucntion for address, email, phone, etc. This functionality works fine when creating a ticket via the File>New Incident, etc. because as soon as the person opens a ticket and selects a customer, these functions fire and display their information.

Here is a link to this functionality and code:

https://communities.ca.com/blogs/TIAGOMACUL/2016/01/05/httpwwwservicedeskuserscomrefreshcustomerinfobeforesavingtheticket-2-ver

My issue now is with creating a new ticket via Quick Profile. When a ticket is opened, the customer's name is passed through to the newly opened ticket. But because the customer has not been changed in the opened ticket, the functions do not fire.

*Note that the initial trigger for these functions come from the 'backfill_cnt_event()' function, which I assume should be called when the customer is filled in via Quick Profile, but it is not.

So if we could get this to work that would be amazing! If not, how would I go about passing more information through (like description and customer) to the request via Quick Profile?

• 2.  Re: How does the 'Quick Profile' functionality work? And how can it be modified?

Posted Aug 02, 2018 11:19 AM

How about adding an onload event, which checks, if this is a new Incident ($args.id==0) , but the customer field is already filled (input element SET.customer is not null) , and if so, triggering your specific zcustomerChanged function ?

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

............Michael