AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share

• 1.  It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share

Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:32 PM

It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share

i have cawa de R12 Sp1

It is possible to install an agent and search for a network drive

regards

• 2.  Re: It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 03, 2018 05:30 AM

UNC path works.

• 3.  Re: It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share

Posted Sep 10, 2018 01:48 PM

hi

you could tell me how?

I try in a job to look for the sare but it does not detect it
    cawade r12.1 environment windows

regards

• 4.  Re: It is possible to have an agent where the command to execute looks for it in a share

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 03:19 PM

Hi Ayzar,

Please refer to the product documentation:

Windows Jobs - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Example: Access a Windows Network Resource with Universal Naming Convention (UNC) and Share Names

CA Workload Automation DE and the agent support Windows UNC names and share names. A UNC name is the name of a file or other resource that begins with two backslashes (\\), indicating that it exists on a remote computer. A share name is an alias for the path in which the resource exists.

Suppose that the path c:\WINNT\Profiles\Visitor\Desktop\ has the share name MyDesktop. The command notify.cmd is in that path on the CYBNT server, and is accessed by the UNC name and share name in the job JOBC, which runs on the agent WINAGENT.

To access a Windows network resource with UNC and share names

1. Enter the following information in the Basic page:
      • Name—JOBC
      • Agent name—WINAGENT
      • Command to run—\\CYBNT\MyDesktop\notify.cmd
    2. Click OK.