Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to see a snapshot of the iteration for retrospectives

• 1.  Is there a way to see a snapshot of the iteration for retrospectives

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 01:52 PM

When doing our retros (which sometimes can happen a day or few days after the iteration) we need to see a snapshot of that iteration and how well we did. So what I am looking for is

1) All the stories that were assigned at the start

2) Stories that were assigned mid sprint

3) Point estimation changes

4) And most importantly all stories that did NOT get complete during the iteration.

I have not been able to find a view/report that shows me the above which I feel is the basic info to do a retro. Most importantly people move a story to next iteration, so I can not see point number 4 or 1 above. The information is lost once a story is moved to the next iteration.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to see a snapshot of the iteration for retrospectives
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 07:15 AM

Hi Sanjay,

We generally don't recommend moving unfinished stories to the next iteration because it can have a negative impact on the historical information like you mentioned. Generally we find it best to split the story and leave the finished tasks in the current iteration and move the unfinished work to the next iteration. You can find more information about this in these help articles:

Manage Unfinished Work for Story Hierarchy Teams | CA Agile Central Help 

Manage Unfinished Work | CA Agile Central Help 

There is an app that may also help you get some of this information. Its called the Iteration Scope Change app. It tracks the items that have been added or removed from an iteration since it started. It can be added to any Custom Page or Dashboard from the App Catalog. You can also find more information about it here:

Iteration Scope Change | CA Agile Central Help