Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 03, 2018 04:20 AM

Hi,

1) Can someone tell me why is it mandatory to have session store enabled if we want to use sensitive transaction feature?

2) How it will be used?

3) Why cant we use the push pop of session (similar to Impersonation)?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dhilip

• 2.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:07 AM

Hi Dhilip,

Regarding your query 

3) Why cant we use the push pop of session (similar to Impersonation)?

Refer : Instant Access and Siteminder Session  

Regards,

Leo Joseph.

• 3.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:39 AM

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your response. Actually, my third query is that why can't CA use something like push/pop of session (instead of using session store)?

Also, point 1 and point 2 are my primary queries. 

Regards,

Dhilip

• 4.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 08:58 PM

Hi Dhilip,

Unfortunately I am unable to answer 1 and 2, beyond "the session store is used during identity validation." 

However, the main point of this post is to suggest that for  "Actually, my third query is that why can't CA use something like push/pop of session (instead of using session store)?", can I suggest you log an idea for this?

Thanks and regards,

Simon Naunton

• 5.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:48 PM

Here is how you log idea for your   "Actually, my third query is that why can't CA use something like push/pop of session (instead of using session store)" Note - the push/pop of session  idea would not be as secure as session store 

Creating an Idea? (Enhancement Request) - CA Knowledge 

• 6.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 11, 2018 05:46 AM

Hi Simon and Terry,

Thanks for your feedback. I think CA might have already considered this approach (using push/pop). But, for some reason they should have thought to stick with session store, I am trying to understand that reason. I have already raised a support case to get more information about how session store will be used. I will log an idea after getting all the clarifications. Will keep you informed.  

Regards,

Dhilip

• 7.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 13, 2018 01:35 PM

You can refer to the below link for more information regarding session store :

Session Store Configuration - CA Single Sign-On - 12.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

siteminder session store 

Regards,

Ram,

• 8.  Re: CA SSO : What is the significance of Session Store for sensitive transactions?

Posted Aug 17, 2018 02:04 AM

Hi Ram,

Thanks for sharing useful articles. I would like to know how session store will be used in this particular case (sensitive transactions).

Regards,

Dhilip