Clarity

• 1.  Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema

Posted Aug 03, 2018 07:24 AM

CA-PPM 15.3

Datasource :data_sources/CA_PPM_BEAN

Jaspersoft Studio : 6.4.2

I have added some custom attributes on the project object but unable to view from Jaspersoft Studio->Dataset query Dialog->Metadata->odf_ca_project table.  The SQL query failed with the error message "Invalid attribute".

What am I missing here?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 03, 2018 08:29 AM

Is this new attribute available if you try to create an adhoc view out of it (assuming that there is a domain that is based out of the PPM Schema)?

If its not visible there either, you can try running "admin update jasperparameters" command, and see if that helps.

• 3.  Re: Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema

Posted Aug 03, 2018 08:38 AM

Hi Jeevan

I'm using CA PPM on-demand and I'm not sure whether I can run any command on the Jaspersoft server.

• 4.  Re: Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 08:41 AM

Hi Venkitta

If you have created an attribute then immediately you will not be able to see. Although you can view them in PPM -Studio, the rights at the database needs to be synced and it generally takes about 2 hours as we have a back end job which runs. So wait for some time and you should be able to see.

What Jeevan meant was to get the attribute in the domain but in this case its not domain.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 02:14 PM

Hi Venkitta

I believe our support team worked with you on this and the problem was the properties of bean connection was not updated and we had to run the command admin update jasperParameters at the server side to get this working. Also before running this we deleted the profile attribute for jasperadmin for your tenant. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Custom Attribute not showing up on Jaspersoft Studio Schema

Posted Aug 04, 2018 01:27 AM

Thanks Suman and Jeevan.  The issue is resolved now

Appreciate your help