AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 03, 2018 03:28 AM

Hi,

My current autosys environment is in HA and having 50K jobs, Which I need migrate completely (database,schedular, agents, 50 k jobs, users) to different machine.

Please tell me the procedure or if any document available.

• 2.  Re: Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 03, 2018 02:52 PM

have your DBAs migrate the DB and just install the schedulers to the new machines without doing DB portion.

why work so hard?

Good luck. 

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 07, 2018 04:33 PM

What Steve said!

I've done this both ways and by far the most pleasant was when the database is migrated by the DBA's, and you just install the scheduler on the new machines.  Otherwise, you are worrying about timezones, and users/passwords/ global vars, etc..   

• 4.  Re: Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 08, 2018 03:12 AM

Thanks a lot Linda, yet we haven't started it. We are  looking for best approach and possible challenges , so please suggest. if possible could you suggest any document for migration

• 5.  Re: Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 07, 2018 08:51 PM

What Steve and Linda said.

And if you are going with a newer/later version of WAAE on the new host(s), remember to run CreateAEDB.pl from the new instance against the migrated database before starting the WAAE services. This will upgrade the AEDB to the latest. CAVEAT: Remember NOT to overwrite the database when executing CreateAEDB.pl

Cheers,

Chandru

• 6.  Re: Autosys Migration Complete guide

Posted Aug 08, 2018 03:19 AM

Thanks, CHaandru, for suggestion.