ankit.panwar

Application is not able to consume the message from LISA Response queue for MQ mainframe virtualization

Discussion created by ankit.panwar on Aug 5, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by tsuyu04

I am using Dev Test 10.2.4 and below are the details of use case , the details of what I have done and the issue we are facing -

We have virtualized a mainframe system where the request is base64 bytes format. When hitting from consuming layer , In the request body I was getting the junk characters while in recorded_raw_request_bytes attribute , I could see the request fired from consuming application so I filtered it from that attribute and was able to crate a virtual service which is getting the request , able to filter it out to fetch proper Response form VSI and publish the required Response in the Response Queue.

Now , Consuming application is not able to consume the response published by us.

We are getting Character set as 819(ASCII) from consuming application and they say it is cp037 / cp500(while making the virtual service I am converting base64 bytes into readable string by using cp037).

I have tried the below hit&trial while sending the Response -

1) In Response Meta Data - msg.characterSet value to be 819(ASCII) , 1208(UFT) , 37 and 500.

For 37 & 500 the Response sent by us is found to be converted into junk characters in MQ logs. By using 819 , it seems fine i.e. whatever we sent , same was captured in MQ logs.

Please help on this.

Outcomes