DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 03, 2018 05:52 PM

Hi everyone I need your support to see if anyone knows.

I am deleting a device of network, but the device come back to inventory on usm. and I can see that the QOS not suppressed of db.

For example. I delete the device of USM --->

I checking the device in the DB ---->

I can see that the device is create again through niscache probe.

My question are:

1- Why the probe niscache created again the device?

2- Why the qos is not deleted of the db?

• 2.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2018 06:13 PM

If you do not select the Prevent rediscovery option, the device will be deleted from USM, but the device may be added back later if it is still being discovered or monitored by a probe. If you do not use the option and don’t want the device to be added back, you must configure probes to stop monitoring or discovering the devices to prevent rediscovery. 

QoS deletion must be done manually or you can allow it to be eventually aged out and removed by the data_engine probe.

See more information:

Delete Devices in USM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:08 AM

My friend but can't select the Prevent rediscovery because the Ip's are used again whit other device.

If you see the picture on the top, the niscache probe create the object-device again and I don't know if this is normal becuase the ip was eliminated of the snmpcollector and net_connect probe.

• 4.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 03:13 PM

You can take the dev_src_id and run a query into CM_DEVICE to find the robot

--dev_src_id D60E9621C477E59694FE8COE576E59C72 will search for dev_id with this value

select * from CM_DEVICE where dev_id = 'D60E9621C477E59694FE8COE576E59C72'

Once the robot is identified you can then clean the niscache on that robot and restart. So long

as a probe does not have an active profile for that device it should not create a device file for it. Then 

delete the device from UMP.

Greg

• 5.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:34 AM

David this option, manually ? I don´t see right. If need deleted 10 devices, I have that eliminate manually one by one?. it's a lot of operational effort.

"Note: Removing the reference to QoS data does not delete the existing data in data tables. Existing data records must be deleted manually or allowed to age out according to data_engine settings."

Now, "delete according to data_engine settings", well my configuration is *Delete raw data older than = 59 days and  *Delete historic data older than = 364, What configuration said it will eliminate qos automatic when delete the device? Or we need wait 364 days to that qos are be delete.

• 6.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:47 PM

Miller!

About the Device being rediscovered, in the delete Device section, check the Prevent Rediscovery.

Then this Device/Server will be at the excluded_devices.csv file  at CA\Nimsoft\probes\service\discovery_server

You can check with CA Support help to figure out why this Device is still appearing, or just ignore and stay with it at the file.

About the Data Engine retention time, yes, after the retention period, will delete the Device and this Data.

If you want to do it manually, you can try by your own the scripts from this another community post:

Deleted Devices Qos-UIM 

OR better this Tool:

Delete server/device in UIM via command line tool (v3.3) 

Kind Regards,

Alex Yasuda
    Sr. Support Engineer

• 7.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:34 PM

Thanks David / Alex.

• 8.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:36 PM

Please mark the correct answer to close this thread!

• 9.  Re: Deleting devices from CAUIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 11:45 PM

Hi, I understood the confusion.

"Delete measurements" option only purges QOS entries from S_QOS_DATA table.

But actual data (RN, HN, DN, BN table) not purged at the same timing.

What happened is - these data will not be purged until it gets aged out per data_engine retention policy.