Service Virtualization

• 1.  Lisa DB Details Required - Derby

Posted Aug 03, 2018 07:29 PM

I am using Lisa 8.x and currently on derby DB . I am interested to know about the DB insights ,Schema , Database and tables . 

My current requirement is to fetch transactions received by services. I connected to Lisa.db using JDBC step and that was successful and tried few queries i found on community that worked with results. But i want to know all the tables and other details to build some useful queries to fetch meaningful data for report Generation.   

• 2.  Re: Lisa DB Details Required - Derby

Posted Aug 06, 2018 07:21 AM

Hi J_NeSmith ,

DanPerovich

Can you please help me to dig further on this database query.

• 3.  Re: Lisa DB Details Required - Derby

Posted Aug 06, 2018 08:21 AM

Sorry. I do not know if there are any documentation about the tables and schema. You might use tools such DbVisualizer or Toad to view the schema and data content. Couple things to consider:

- Recommend moving off the DevTest Derby database to an Enterprise DBMS (tables/schemas will remain the same)

- Keep in mind the Schema is internal to DevTest; therefore, it can change without notification in a future release

- Take care to ensure that custom queries for reports do not compete with internal DevTest processing for CPU, tables, memory, etc. -- especially if the product's Derby database is in use   

• 4.  Re: Lisa DB Details Required - Derby
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 08:51 AM

We provide DDL of the databases in the DEVTEST_HOME\database folder.  As Joel said, Derby is only supported for demo purposes.  It is recommended to use one of our supported external databases and be on a supported release of DevTest.

• 5.  Re: Lisa DB Details Required - Derby

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:09 PM

Hi Marcy,

I found mentioned DDL for database with all tables . Thanks

• 6.  Re: Lisa DB Details Required - Derby

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:05 PM

Thanks Joel and Marcy