CA Service Management

• 1.  Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

Posted Aug 03, 2018 04:39 PM

Users cannot create create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

When they save the request (or incident) they get this message:

AHD03055: Restriction "Create" of data partition constraint on Request/Incident/Problem workflows tasks.

(Translated from the original French message that I had in my environment)

AHD03055:Restriction Créer de partition de données sur Tâche de flux de travaux de demande/d'incident/de problème

I tried it on SDM 14.1.04.1 (in our development environment) and on a clean install of SDM 17.0, both had the error message.

If I try giving "Employee" a licence it still makes the message. I tried disabling all data partition constraint on table Workflow_task for Employee and Customer.

Anyone got an idea? We are using automatic workflows on certain types of requests.

It still works for an Employee to create a request or incident that does not have any workflows attached to it.

Thank you for your help !!

Ben

• 2.  Re: Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 05:30 PM

Ben, out of box, there is a "creation" type DP constraint on request_workflow_task with "id=1" which means employees don't have the permission to create cr wf tasks...do you de-activate this constraint? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 08:58 AM

Hi Chi,

I know that usually this type of message comes from a data partition constraint that is not respected. I tried disabling all constraints on "Workflow_Task" table for Employee and Customer before writing the post on the community. Still got the message.

Actually I setted up a custom error message on the DP and never got the message too.

I tried it also on a fresh installation of SDM 17.0 and it looks like it's the default behaviour. But what's more weird, is that users can create Incident/Request in which they are the "End user" but cannot create an Incident/Request in which they are the end user when there are tasks because the end user does not seem to be attached to the tasks in Incidents/Requests.

I also tried to modify the constraint by using the same constraint for Employee and Customer on "cr" table by using cr.customer = @root.id and the system didn't recognize cr.customer.

Thanks for your help, as it is something we definitively need to be fixed and we are using many requests categories with workflows tasks.

Have a nice day

Ben

• 4.  Re: Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:58 AM

Ben, please open a Support case so a CA engineer can work with your to see from where you get this DP error. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 11:12 AM

Hi Chi,

I'll do that, but I also think the answer from that case would help the community.

Ben

• 6.  Re: Users (Employees) cannot create Request or Incidents using categories that have workflows automatically attached to it.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 13, 2018 02:58 PM

My mistake !! Had to set up the DP on "Request_Workflow_Task", not "Workflow_Task". It all works fine now.