Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Can Routing Strategy Properties be accessed globally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 04:57 PM

Hello

I understand that using Routing Strategy (Create, Execute and Process Routing Strategy) assertions somehow remembers which endpoint is down.

Is there anyway to get the endpoints that are currently down thru some means via a service (meaning if there are 20 services in the gateway and all of them are using routing strategy assertions and the requirement is to get the list of all the endpoints that were down using a single, this kind of service is needed for monitoring within gateway if there is no monitoring capability at the endpoints itself)

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Muthu

• 2.  Re: Can Routing Strategy Properties be accessed globally

Posted Aug 03, 2018 07:09 PM

Hi Muthu,

I just want to make sure I understand correctly… is your use-case that you want to utilize the Gateway's Routing Strategy to determine which backend services the Gateway sees as "down”?

If so, I'm not aware of a way yet to do that via a service that would really be supported, but I suspect it would be possible to do this if the data is stored in the database as we could use a JDBC Query assertion in a service to get the data out of the database. What I need to confirm though is whether this data is stored in memory (in which case I don't think it'd be possible to extract the data via a service), or in the database to be shared amongst the cluster. My gut tells me it's in memory, but if it's in the database then this may be possible.

I'll have to confirm the above, but if you're able to validate that your use-case is understood by me, I'd appreciate it so that I know if I'm going down the right path. Thank you in advance.

• 3.  Re: Can Routing Strategy Properties be accessed globally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2018 08:14 AM

Yes, you got my usecase right Dustin.

Even if it is stored in memory, is there an option to use similar to request.shared.

Regards

Muthugomu Rathnamswamy

• 4.  Re: Can Routing Strategy Properties be accessed globally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2019 06:55 PM

Good afternoon,

The Gateway Routing Strategy assertion outcome is accessible across all policies on one node as the values are stored in the local memory of the node. 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support