Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

• 1.  Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:33 AM

Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 06:28 AM

I assume you're creating this in DevTest Workstation.

If you add the Request Data Manager DPH, it provides a UI to copy pieces of the request from one place to another. You would select:

Copy; (From) Meta-data; X-B5-TraceId; (To) Argument

Request Data Manager Data Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

and you will see that your X-B5-TraceId is now an argument that is used for selecting responses.

If you use "Keep" in Request Data Manager, it removes all the other arguments. You say that all other details in a request are the same, so you might want to look at this as an extra option.

Rick

• 3.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:32 PM

Hi,

I have same issue,tried above steps and working fine.New issue i faced is I want to use header only for 1 API (ex : ABC with port 100), in the same vsi another API which doesnt required header.Since we use request data manager for 1 API,2nd API fails since it doesnt have header.

Please suggest the way forward

• 4.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:39 PM

May be in your 2ndAPI, you can write code in Match Script to handle the header key. If you open a support case, we can do a WebEx and look at your issue.

• 5.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:45 PM

Hi Prema,

Already raised support ticket (01162890) assigned to ricky and didnt get response.So went through these forums and applied the steps.If you want will raise new case or reopen it