CA Service Management

• 1.  Data showing after enabling Tenant option.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 11:47 AM

Dear SD Memebers

we are using servicedesk since couple of years without enabling tenant option. Now we need to enable Tenant option but what we can see after enabling tenant is that we can see all the categories/ depatments/ sites etc in  by login from Tenant User. The categories are by default Shared tenant. 

Now how can i use Teanants here as i can see all the default data in tenant.

Our External team want join on servicedesk which has  their separate categories department n all for which we need tenant option enable to use servicedesk as a clean tool.

Please advise.

• 2.  Re: Data showing after enabling Tenant option.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:27 PM

Have you set all your internal team contacts, categories, departments, sites to a specific tenant value (not shared)?

• 3.  Re: Data showing after enabling Tenant option.

Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:51 AM

Not yet. 

This what i need to discuss. Its is very difficult to assign all the existing data under tenant. We enabled tenant option because new team joining to servicedesk platform for which we need  separate .

But every thing can been seen due to shared tenant selection on the categories and other records etc by default.

THis is something serious and need to think how can we manage at this moment.

That means if already running servicedesk with No Tenants option and later we want to enable this option , We first need to move all the records under tenant so the other new teant will not be able to look their data etc. This is issue