CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

• 1.  Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:07 PM

Just upgraded one of our environments to 17.1.01 and found that ca_fdAddTableRow treats all columns like text fields. In version 14.x we could insert a row and select an option of a dropdown field by supplying the id of the select option. In 17.1.01 it adds the row but inserts the id as text, ignoring the validation of the dropdown.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this and if it's a known bug. We would love to start using 17.x.

• 2.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 02:59 AM

Good Morning Grant.

May I ask you for an example of your (in 14.1) used ca_fdAddTableRow method?
    So far, I've not seen this difference in behaviour between the two releases.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Aug 07, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi Louis,

Yes I've attached a sample service and form that can recreate this bug. The screenshot below shows what happens when I run addTableRow to insert a row with a select component column. You can see in 14.x it will insert the row and select the option that matches the id. In 17.x it will pass the id as text and ignore all validation for the select field. Here's a link to download this service/form (don't see an option to attach).

• 4.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 02:25 AM

Good Morning Grant.

Local test, Newly Imported: addTableRow Test(10565)

When I hit each of the tabs at the top, the values 1-5 get inserted.
    When I hit the '+' sign to add a row myself and open the select box I see one-five in text.
    Which get inserted then accordingly: one-five in text.

Then in Catalog/forms/forms/addTableRow Test, expanded the Select component.
    Each of the texts one-five I changed (pencil icon) into 1-5 digits.
    And then the row-insert, select list, shows 1-5 too.

Does this help you further?

Thanks and kind regards, Louis.

• 5.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2018 07:50 AM

Thank you Louis, I have a case open. Chitra has escalated it to engineering.

Also, another sign this isn't functioning properly is by trying to return the data via ca_fdGetInsertedTableRows(ca_fd.formId, 'table_1'). If you used addTableRow to insert a row that contains a select field, that row won't be returned in ca_fdGetInsertedTableRows. So changing the id to match the label as you suggest won't work.

• 6.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 07, 2018 06:04 AM

Hi, 

We also have this same problem in Release: 17.1.0.16. Any news?

• 7.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 07, 2018 10:59 AM

CA had told me that it’ll be fixed in 17.2.

• 8.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 10, 2018 04:29 AM

Thanks!

• 9.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 19, 2018 05:33 PM

CA fixed part of the problem with 17.1.02, however addTableRow will still fail if you supply a report/plugin variable, which we require on all our dropdown...

• 10.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 20, 2018 07:23 AM

Lol. Maybe you should wait for v18 to upgrade, Grant.

• 11.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:29 AM

I’ve had to report the same thing three times now... CA considers each their own bug. Been waiting over a year.

1. Intitial report of bug in base 17.0

2. 2nd report in 17.1.01. CA only made it work with static options not data objects

3. 3rd report of bug 17.1.02. Now works with data objects but not if you supply a variable.

It’s frustrating that we need to be so specific. After the 2nd round I even gave them a service to test with. We are tired of being QA for CA.

• 12.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Posted Dec 28, 2018 01:55 PM

Hi Grant,

Engineering is working on this actively

Thank you for your patience 

Thanks

Chitra 

• 13.  Re: Service Catalog 17.x ca_fdAddTableRow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 12:14 PM

Grant and Pier ,

I'm going to send both of you in incremental patch on top of 17.1.02  to see if it is going to address the issue . 

Thanks, Jing