Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Posted Aug 06, 2018 04:31 PM

Hello Team,

I am trying to introduce CA SSO for authentication for all applications. The existing authentication happens through External SOAP calls only. Is it possible that through CA SSO we can integrate external SOAP calls to authenticate the user through CA SSO policies? We don't have direct access to user directory.

• 2.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 08:01 PM

anyone implement same or idea for the same scenario?

• 3.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:58 PM

• 4.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Posted Aug 07, 2018 12:02 PM

The way Access Gateway services works is clients can make authentication and authorization calls to the CA SSO through this Soap/Rest services. My requirement here is different.

Sorry if I didn't explain my scenario clearly.

We don't have a SSO setup currently. All authentication and authorization is done by another middleware which has exposed interface as SOAP services. We can send the username and password to this SOAP service and middleware authenticates the user. We are trying to put CA SSO in front of this setup. 

1) CA SSO will look if the URL is protected and will redirected to a login page.

2) User will enter username and password which will be sent to CA SSO.

3) I want to call this SOAP service exposed by existing middleware to authenticate.

4) Notify CA SSO once the authentication is done

Is it possible for me to call this SOAP service from CA SSO policy server so that I can authenticate and  return the authentication status back to CA SSO.

• 5.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:35 PM

Sunder, Yes, you can do that, say the SOAP service is on JBoss server.  I don't believe you need the SPS/ agent unless you want to authenticate via policy server.

- Rgds., Vijay

• 6.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Posted Aug 08, 2018 11:06 AM

Please can you give me details how it can be done. Can we use CA Custom Authentication Scheme or some other method? If yes, Please can you provide me the details. 

• 7.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:59 PM

Please can you help me with details for this implementation using CA Single Sign On.

• 8.  Re: CA SSO authentication through SOAP Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 07:50 AM

That's correct, this method using Access Gateway is what is recommended. Rgds - Vijay