Clarity

• 1.  Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List

Posted Aug 07, 2018 07:24 AM

I need to know to to enable sorting in Portfolio Investment List column.

When clicking on the header names in the Portfolio list "High Risk Country", these columns are not sortable. its a newly created attribute in Idea.

• 2.  Re: Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi Deepan,

What attribute data type is the High Risk Country attribute? There are certain attribute data types that aren't able to be sorted (such as multi valued lookups). The full list of what isn't available for sorting can be found here: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: Attributes Available for Filtering and Sorting.

Regards,

Kristin Schroer

• 3.  Re: Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List

Posted Aug 07, 2018 09:06 AM

Thanks a lot kristin. its a "Multi Valued Lookup"..

another help d you know to how to insert data in "BIZ_COM_PERIODS" table.

• 4.  Re: Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 07, 2018 09:14 AM

Hi Deepan, 

Ideally, I believe BIZ_COM_PERIODS table stores the fiscal time periods that you have in your PPM instance. Correct me if I am missing anything. 

If that is the case, then why are you not adding a fiscal period through PPM UI but directly insert data in the table? You might run into some other issues. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List

Posted Aug 07, 2018 09:24 AM

thanks Abhisek....

• 6.  Re: Sorting Column in Portfolio Investment List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 09:45 AM

You're welcome! I've also published a KB at: Unable to Sort one or more attributes in a PPM Lis - CA Knowledge  that highlights the other attribute types that aren't available for sorting as well in case anyone else runs into this issue.