Service Virtualization

• 1.  Adding Transaction to Existing Service

Posted Aug 07, 2018 04:09 PM

I have one MQ service with multiple transactions and further each transaction has 100s of logical transactions.

it is simulating Mainframe Responses (data) . Now a new change came in and further new transactions are required with different data . how can i add new transactions in existing one . Not doing it manually one by one because i have 100s of transactions.

To be brief need to add multiple transactions to an existing operation and some altogether new operations as well that are independent of existing operations . it is a stateless service on Native MQ.

• 2.  Re: Adding Transaction to Existing Service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 05:18 PM

Hi Rahul,

It depends on how you are going to add the transactions.

. Is it by doing another recording live/RR pairs? If so, you can give the existing VSI name in the VSE Recorder and select  "Merge into" option and record your new transactions.

. Create a new VS with your new transactions and then you can combine both VSI's. Refer Combine Service Images - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  

. You can run the VS in "Learning" mode and learn new transactions. 

. You can run the VS in "Transaction Tracking" mode and run your new transactions and update VSI also. Refer Execution Mode - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation.

• 3.  Re: Adding Transaction to Existing Service

Posted Aug 07, 2018 05:59 PM

I tried both first and second approach. both worked for me .

Thanks Prema