DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Posted Aug 08, 2018 07:40 AM

I have a server with drive monitoring issue. The server free space is 13% and the threshold I set is 10%, why is it I'm receiving alarm that is always "Average (3 samples) disk free on C:\ is now 2%, which is below the error threshold (10%) out of total size 39.9 GB" 

• 2.  Re: CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 08:04 AM

If you check the cdm log file and you do not see where the alarm is being sent from this machine

this will mean the robot was cloned and this is being sent from another machine that has the incorrect robot information in it.

These are very hard to track down.

you will need to use netstat on the hub the alarm is coming from to narrow down the robot that is sending the information incorrectly.

because the robot.cfg has the wrong information in it the application has no way of providing the information as to the real source of this alarm.

• 3.  Re: CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:01 AM

Any other opinion? the IP address source is different on the server IP address, anyone knows on how to change the source IP address of the server?

Thanks in advance!

• 4.  Re: CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:39 AM

Hi 

Please check below KB if this helps

CDM- How source name is computed in CDM probe - CA Knowledge 

• 5.  Re: CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Posted Aug 09, 2018 04:43 AM

Hi,

Still the same, the IP server and CDM source IP is not the same  any idea? I tried to setup the FQDNsettings but no luck.

• 6.  Re: CDM probe alarming on invalid information

Posted Aug 09, 2018 04:27 PM

It might help if a sample alarm was supplied and an image of the cdm configure where the question is on.