Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

• 1.  Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 08, 2018 01:03 PM

We have just upgraded to Version 12.1.  I have two users that are set up exactly alike.  Same group, same authorizations, privilages.  I keep double checking and I believe they are exactly alike.  When messages pop up in the messages log one of the users has the correct time the other is off by hours.  They both have the same time zone set.  I must be missing something very simple, this can't be that difficult yet here I am posting.

• 2.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 01:25 PM

Hi Jeff,

I pulled this straight from the docu:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.1/DOCU/12.1/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#_Common/CommonFunctions/CF_WorkingWithMessages.htm?

Error messages are displayed in red, warnings in yellow, all other messages in white. Their date/time format depends on your browser locale.

• 3.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 08, 2018 02:21 PM

Both users are using the same browser.  The executions times are off in the execution tab.  They log off each day and log back in still with one correct and one wrong.  I log into one browser for both production and test.  My test has the wrong time while my production is correct.

• 4.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 09, 2018 04:55 PM

Hi Jeff,

When you say "They both have the same time zone set." - On there laptop/desktop/workstation + user object level?

Since you are mention that, you log into "Test" & "Production" with the same user - and the "Test" have the wrong time...  Your user account on "Test" - Is there any time zone object assign to the that "test" user object? or the Client object etc..?

As for your issues with the two user - Lets call them USER A and USER B
    -User A - Work fine on all system

-User B - Work is off by one hr.   --Is this is on both "Test" and "Production" or only on "Test" like your?

Is the Time setting on where the AE is hosted on "TEST" and "Production" the same time?

• 5.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:23 AM
      |   view attached

The same time zone set on the user object level.

In your scenario USER A and USER B, the USER B is off by 5 hrs I believe.

The AE for test and production is on the same server so the time is the same for both.

• 6.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 10:21 AM

Hi Jeff,

Do you have an installation of the Java interface? If so can you login with each user and check if this issue is seen? This will help me determine if the issue is with the AWI or a timezone object.

• 7.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 17, 2018 12:03 PM
      |   view attached

That is a good thought.  I have logged into it and it is incorrect there also.

Jeff

• 8.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 12:15 PM

Can you assign a timezone object to the user/user group and let me know if that resovles the issue?

• 9.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 17, 2018 12:40 PM
      |   view attached

Our production side has one set up.  Our test side does not so I created one but that did not resolve the issue.

Jeff

• 10.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 17, 2018 03:13 PM
      |   view attached

I have a time zone object created. When I change the UTC time, users who have the correct time change but the users whose time is off are not affected by the change. It is like some users are reading it while others are not.

• 11.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 11:18 AM

If you create a brand new user object do you see this issue? If not can we try re-creating the user object to resolve this issue?

• 12.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1

Posted Aug 20, 2018 12:03 PM
      |   view attached

Created a new user.  Had the same problem.  I must be missing something simple.  I have opened a ticket with CA.

• 13.  Re: Time is off some users in messages window V12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2018 01:29 PM

Finally, with CA's help we have this corrected.  Although I had time zone objects created in each client some users timing would be off by hours.  Some users time would work some days and some days it would be off.  Since we moved to the AWI we have had this problem.  The resolution was to add a time zone object to client 0 in the "No Folder" under Process Assembly.  Then under Administration > Clients  right click under the particular client where the issue resides, in my case all of them, and populate the timezone with the one you created.   Log out and back in with your userid and wallah, it should be working or at least in our case it is.  Thanks to all who helped with this problem.