Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Ideal Model Configuration for UBP Primary and Backup

Posted Aug 08, 2018 05:55 AM

I would like to know what the ideal values are for the model configuration on our Riskminder infrastructure that contains 7 active servers doing RiskEvals and UBP.

Currently the server (Server2) we have specified as the backup seems to be taking a lot more traffic compared to the rest and I am assuming this is UBP traffic failing from the PRIMARY (setup as localhost) to BACKUP (Server2).

-Is there a way to determine how many traffic is not getting processed on every server/primary and failing over to backup?

-Should be increase the timeout values (primary: 2000 and backup: 3000)? 

Thanks

Francois

• 2.  Re: Ideal Model Configuration for UBP Primary and Backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 03:06 PM

The recommended approach for defining this threshold is:

1. Run the model without defining a rule and then examine the value of the Model Score value in the Transaction Summary report.  Export a day of the report and look at the distribution of the scores.  Set the threshold so that 5% (suggested) of the scores are above the threshold. 

You can use Excel for this quickly.  Open the exported file in Excel.  It will have one row for each risk analysis.  Sort it on the Model Score column from high to low.   The transaction 5% down the sorted report will have the Model Score that is appropriate for a 5% challenge threshold.

2. Create a rule with the score threshold from the analysis above.   Prioritize the rule close to the bottom of the list.  Generally rules that are testing for specific, hard, policies such as blacklisting certain countries and exception user check, should go before the user behavior profiling rule or rules

• 3.  Re: Ideal Model Configuration for UBP Primary and Backup

Posted Aug 20, 2018 06:04 AM

Hi Namish,

Thanks for the feebdack. I do howeve think you are referring to model score when I am enquiring about the UBP Modal configuration setup with time-out values.

Thanks