Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

• 1.  How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

Posted Aug 08, 2018 06:08 AM

Hi , I'm new devtest service virtualisation.If someone help me with the fallowing questions that would be great .

Can I record third party websites ( portals)  by using either workstation or portal ? If so please help me with the steps and requirements.  

also if the third party portal is REST based data protocol then which steps should I take into consideration ? 

Can someone help me with the configuring steps for the recorder passthru style as proxy ? 

Regards,

Prasad

• 2.  Re: How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2018 09:27 AM

What version of DevTest are you on?

• 3.  Re: How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

Posted Aug 08, 2018 09:41 AM

Thanks for response Marcy . I'm using 10.2.4

small correction to my initial question .Not the RESET data protocol , it's SOAP while using HTTP/S ?

• 4.  Re: How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

Posted Aug 08, 2018 02:09 PM

Hello Matcha,

Any specific reason you would like to use the Proxy passthru style?

I am sending to you the link to our documentation where you can find an example to record using the Gateway style:

Tutorial 4: HTTP/S Virtual Service - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Step 7 - Configure the VSE Recorder - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Step 8 - Record the Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The process to record SOAP or REST will be the same, what will change is the Data Protocol Handler (DPH) you select during the recording process.

With the proxy passthru style the client app must specify the Recorder (Workstation) host and port as its proxy.

Then the target URL will be the host and port of the target (live) server.

The proxy settings must be set to route the request through the recorder. 

Hope it helps

Heloisa

• 5.  Re: How to record 3rd party portals( REST data protocals) and passthru style Proxy

Posted Aug 09, 2018 09:45 AM

Thanks very much Heloisa,

Actually my requirements are at the initial stage ,

We are using soap web service call to third party systems to get the response. I want to remove the dependency on third party system and bypass the response through the virtual service .