Release Automation

• 1.  Running the SQL query through RA action

Posted Aug 09, 2018 09:03 AM

Hello All,

I am running an SQL query from the RA action "Execute SQL Query on Oracle(c) Database Server". The query "select * from ARACCEPT;" is running fine. But when I run the query 

EXEC  SOFT_DEL_ISSUER_PKG.move_ch_admin_data('hdfc'); 

It is giving the error as ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement , But when I run this statement in the SQL Developer it is running fine. 

Please let me know if there are any constraints in running the SQL queries from Release Automation actions. I need to execute this query using RA action for my work.

-Regards 

Mohit

• 2.  Re: Running the SQL query through RA action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:37 AM

Hi Mohit,

Does the recommendation, in the link below, to use begin/end around the procedure name work?

ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement- when run a procedure in oracle 10g - Stack Overflow 

Thank you,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Running the SQL query through RA action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 11:11 AM

Hi Mohit,

What mentioned by Gregg is correct way of executing it but if you try to execute the script block via above mentioned action it may still fail. As per design of the product a single sql statement is considered as query.

To run the command with correct syntax i.e. as mentioned in above thread, please use action “Run SQL File on Oracle Database Server"

begin  exam;end;

Regards,

Saurabh

• 4.  Re: Running the SQL query through RA action

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:00 AM

I tried the above suggestions but got the error 

file contains the following

begin EXEC SOFT_DEL_ISSUER_PKG.move_ch_admin_data('hdfc');end;

The error we got is

I11381@es_kalkr02-I11380- StepExecutionEventDto [result=Step Result: false - Action failed.Fail to run script [/opt/executesp.sql]: ORA-06550: line 1, column 12:
    PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "SOFT_DEL_ISSUER_PKG" when expecting one of the following:

:= . ( @ % ;
    The symbol ":=" was substituted for "SOFT_DEL_ISSUER_PKG" to continue.
    ORA-06550: line 1, column 61:
    PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of the following:

; <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier>
    The symbol ";" was substituted for "end-of-file" to continue.

• 5.  Re: Running the SQL query through RA action

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:00 AM

Hello Mohit,

Try with RUN command like action calling sqlplus and running this command?

For the above issue please open a ticket as we need to validate it and verify if it's an issue with command or action pack.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 6.  Re: Running the SQL query through RA action

Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:23 AM

Hello Saurabh,

I have open the support ticket 01164522 for the same. Meanwhile I will try to run through Run command line action.

-Regards

Mohit