Layer7 API Management

• 1.  oAuth token

Posted Aug 09, 2018 07:08 PM

Hi There,

When we make a call v2/token services consequently after 3 attempts, if would make the 4th attempt to the services it invalidates the first token. How could we avoid this?

• 2.  Re: oAuth token

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:26 AM

Hi Sharath,

If I understand correctly, you generate 3 tokens, on the 4th token being created the 1st token is then invalidating, is that right? Meaning, you can only generate a max of 3 tokens?

What grant type are you using? 

Do you have this value max_oauth_token_count set in the #OTK Storage Configuration policy?

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Aug 12, 2018 08:37 AM

Am using password grant_type.You are understanding is right peruser 3 sessions or access token allowed issued. As you mentioned I have already seen OTK Storage Configuration for the variable max_oauth_token_count which is one by default(OutOfbox). Am wondering if it was one how could it even allow 3 bit confused?

• 4.  Re: oAuth token

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 10:25 AM

Can you verify you are not overriding this setting in the "#OTK Storage Configuration" configuration policy.  

Also what version of OTK are you using?

• 5.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Nov 08, 2018 08:24 AM

OTK version 3.5.

• 6.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Nov 08, 2018 08:32 AM

Note that 3.5 does not support multiple token from same apps, it does count all active tokens regardless of the apps currently in use.

4.1 correct this.

You shoud have a #OTK Storage Configuration Extension inside OTK Storage Configuration that override the default settings.

• 7.  Re: oAuth token

• 8.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Nov 08, 2018 08:10 AM

Pretty sure you have the same problem as me. I have opened a case with CA and waiting for their call

• 9.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Nov 08, 2018 08:31 AM

MIchell.Pls have the notes over here as and when CA updates on it.

• 10.  Re: oAuth token

Posted Nov 08, 2018 08:36 AM

We are using 4.1 so it shouldn't be the same problem. Mine is that it request the token count from DB with the same client_ident so when it does cycle, it cycle over the wrong applications. I don't want to pollute your post