DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Posted Aug 09, 2018 12:41 PM

Hi all.

We are see that a report on PRD showing to qos_availability a down of 66% in all device. I think that is because snmpcollector failed. But the probe not take this metric of the device via snmp (oid)?

If SNMPC failed and don't taken the metric, in the next polling should obtain that qos_availability is 100% because the device has not been shutdown or restarted?

Thanks for help me.

ME.

• 2.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 01:19 PM

For the snmpcollector probe, the availability metric is generated using the sysUpTime returned from the monitored device. The probe compares the device sysUpTime against the time since the last poll. If sysUpTime > time since the last poll, then it returns 100 for the availability metric. If it's less, it returns 0.

Hope this helps to explain why you see availability of 100% even after the snmpcollector probe fails.

• 3.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Posted Aug 09, 2018 01:25 PM

Thanks for your answer. But the graphic show 66% availability not 100% and I think it's because snmpc had some flaw.

• 4.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 02:23 PM

What do you see on the Performance Chart if you set the Aggregation to None (raw/unintervalized data)? 

Performance Reports Designer can use either raw (unintervalized) or intervalized data. For intervalized data, a data aggregation interval is automatically selected based on the scale of the chart you are viewing. You can also choose an aggregation interval for the chart. Possible intervals range from one minute to one day.

Note: The unintervalized data option ("none") replaces the raw data option in Performance Reports Designer in CA UIM 8.47 and later.

For an automatically selected interval, the timeframe of the data and resolution of your screen affects the scale. Performance Reports Designer selects the smallest aggregation interval so that there is only one data point per pixel. If there are multiple data samples for an interval, the values are averaged. For example, if the data is sampled every 5 minutes but the Performance Reports Designer chart is displaying 15-minute intervals, there are three data samples per interval. In this case, the average of the three data samples is displayed in the chart.

If you look at the values collected for these devices in the RN_QOS_DATA tables for the QOS_AVAILABILITY_AVAILABILTY metric over the displayed time interval, do you see any values other than 0 or 100?

• 5.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:58 PM

I attached screen of SLM where I see two values in 0. This device has not been shutdown or restarted.

When I look at all devices that was monitored with snmpc, all have this same  behavior.

Its very strange this behavior and I need justify this issue to my boss :-(...

• 6.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:42 AM

Hi,

This is likely a known defect, that was fixed with 3.4.3 HF5.

You can download 3.4.3 HF7 and use it.

https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-hotfix-index.html

Regards, Yu

• 7.  Re: metric qos_availability snmpcollector.

Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:30 PM

I applied this hostfix, we are evaluating the behavior. Thanks.

M.E