DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Logmon Parsing with variable number of lines in record block

Posted Aug 09, 2018 04:41 PM
      |   view attached

I am attempting to parse a log file which has a variable number of line in a block of text. I've included a sample of the log file.

I want to grab the license file name and the feature name to use them as a combined target while storing the Days Remaining as QOS.

I've tried a number of different tactics, but I can't seem to get anything to work the way that I want it to. The license file names change often, so I'm trying to avoid specifying them directly. One feature name might be in two license files as well. If I can pair them together, then I can get it to store properly no matter what changes. I'm open to just using the text License1/{featurename} as the target for the first block and incrementing for each additional license block since that will eliminate the need to change the dashboard at all.

My ultimate goal is to make sure that when license are updated I don't have to change the license name in the format rules, which is our current practice.

This was my attempted setup:

When I test the profile it has no results.

Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Attachment(s)

zip
    sample.log.zip   362 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Logmon Parsing with variable number of lines in record block
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:32 PM

I was able to modify the originating script that created the log file so that it would be standard record formats. This made processing the file much easier and eliminated the need to work with variable length records.