Layer7 API Management

• 1.  GMU how to configure logging

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:38 AM

The GMU logging is default written to gmu.log in the root directory. I would like to change the logfile name and location. There is an option --loggingProperties where you can specify a file for the logging properties. I made a file logging.config for this purpose, and filled it with the default values. Whatever I put in the file leads to an error. Is there an example of what has to be in the loggingProperties file to configure logfile name and location? And is it possible to configure logging directly from commandline?

• 2.  Re: GMU how to configure logging
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2018 09:40 AM

Here is a sample file which I have tested on GMU version 1.4.00-85: GMU logging.properties sample 

• 3.  Re: GMU how to configure logging

Posted Aug 13, 2018 05:44 AM

Hi Michiel,

This is exactly what I tried (default settings with only the filename changed in java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern). The command to which the --loggingProperties is added does execute succesful but does not produce a logging file at all. Also no error is produced. When I remove the --loggingProperties a gmu.log file is produced. I am shure the logging.properties file is found, because when I change the name in an non-existing file I get an error message that the file is not found. I retried with exactly the file you gave with same result. I would very much appreciate if you could give further advice.

• 4.  Re: GMU how to configure logging

Posted Aug 13, 2018 07:10 AM

Hi Michiel,

I found the solution. My properties file was UTF-8 BOM encoded which is not working. With UTF-8 encoding it is working. Thanks for your support!