Test Data Manager

• 1.  Data Reservation

Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:14 AM

Hi,

We are using CA TDM 4.4.

Can we able to load the reserved data into the target (like schema in database)?

• 2.  Re: Data Reservation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:21 PM

Hi Nilavarasi ,

This is a pretty opened ended question.  As a result, I think some questions need to be answered to help determine the best way to proceed:

1. Which component are you using?
    2. How are you reserving the data at this time?   
    3. What are you expecting to use to accomplish this? 
    4. Have you used ARD (Agile requirements Designer) - are you licensed for it?
    5. Have you used Javelin?

So let's say that you are using the TDM Portal, have an ARD license, have constructed a workflow, and have been able to reserve the data.  Have you looked at the Review and Download the Reserved Test Data documentation?  This allows you to download the data into a CSV file.  Take a look at the Visual Flow Examples to see how to read that CSV file into a table.  There are multiple examples that show you how to handle CSV files.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 3.  Re: Data Reservation

Posted Aug 14, 2018 02:12 AM

?Hi,

Thanks for the solution that you gave in the below mail. Will try the Data Reservation using ARD flow.

In Answering to your question,

1. Which component are you using??

We are using CA Test Data Manager Portal 4.4 for Data Reservation.

2. How are you reserving the data at this time?

I am reserving the data by creating Test data model in the portal and finding the data using the model keys defined in the Test data model and reserve my selected data to the reservation for testing.

3. What are you expecting to use to accomplish this?

After data reservation, we can able to see the reserved data in the My Reservation tab. My doubt is whether we can reserve and load the reserved data in to the target (as database  schema).

4. Have you used ARD (Agile requirements Designer) - are you licensed for it?

We have the license for ARD, but I'm not using the ARD flow. My data reservation is without Test Matching criteria.

5. Have you used Javelin??

We haven't created the javelin flow for the activities.

--

Regards

Nilavarasi K

SE-ASU TDM CoE

+91 8870724843