Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Migration V12.

Posted Aug 13, 2018 09:26 AM

Hello every body

We are considering a very short term to migrate the version of Automic from V10 to V12, but I have some questions.

- I do not find anywhere the distribution of Oracle to predict.

- Can we predict Oracle patching automatically?

- The preconisations Automic indicates a DB of 1TB for a medium configuration in V12, can I evaluate the size of the DB compared to that which I use in V10.

- For our production environment, is it possible to use two ECC servers in load balancing?

If anyone could yell

thanks.

• 2.  Re: Migration V12.

Posted Aug 14, 2018 04:08 AM

Hi RegisNicolas608529

I do not find anywhere the distribution of Oracle to predict.

Please refer to the Compatibility Matrix :

Can we predict Oracle patching automatically?

Not sure if I get your question. But if you need to patch the Oracle db, you will need to plan a downtime as far as I know.

The preconisations Automic indicates a DB of 1TB for a medium configuration in V12, can I evaluate the size of the DB compared to that which I use in V10.

Not big difference there. What uses the most disk space in the Automic DB are the statistics and reports (tables AH, RH and RT). this hasn't changed between these 2 versions.

For our production environment, is it possible to use two ECC servers in load balancing?

Yes you can use a load balancer, but you will have to rely on third-party software as we do not provide one.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Antoine

• 3.  Re: Migration V12.

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:22 AM

Merci beaucoup Antoine pour les informations