Service Operations Insight

• 1.  Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Posted Aug 13, 2018 09:21 AM

About integration Nimsoft + CA-SOI

Hi Daniel/ Shaheen

I have the same problem to migrate port tests from CA-Ehealth to nimsoft, since I have a server with distinct ports and for distinct services. It is possible to create different profiles for port testing and thus I can associate different services in CA-SOI.
    I searched for the configuration> useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification "=" yes "in the probe in raw mode of the profile created in a test and did not find. Can you help me in this question?
    Problem similar to the link below:
    https://communities.ca.com/message/242118750-how-can-we-replace-ca-ehealth-with-ca-uim-without-this-dependency-because-we-have-integrated-ca-soi

"

Re: How can we replace Ca-Ehealth with CA-UIM without this dependency because we have Integrated CA-SOI? 

"

• 2.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 03:08 PM

Hi Fabiano,

You'll find 'useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification' property in raw configuration. To get to raw configuration highlight url_response probe, hold Shift key and right click. Select "Setup" folder in raw configuration window and on the right hand side you'll see the key, by default it is set to no, you have to edit this key and set it to Yes.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Posted Aug 13, 2018 04:26 PM

I not found Shaheen :

• 4.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 05:37 PM

Hi Fabiano.

I think we misunderstood each other. 'useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification' property belongs to url_reponse probe, you are not going to find it in net_connect probe. I am still not sure of the issue here. Can you open up a case and maybe we can do a remote session so that you can walk us showing what exactly you are looking for?

Thanks

Shaheen

• 5.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi Shaheen;

In this case I'm talking about port monitoring by the Net_Connect probe, this probe that does this monitoring correctly.
    I also need to associate separate ports from the same server to different services ijn the CA-SOI, so I mentioned the case of Url to have a science that was being discussed.

• 6.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:29 AM

I open the ticket - 01166967

• 7.  Re: Separate ports and services are associated with Nimsoft + Ca-SOI ? Its possible ?

Posted Feb 05, 2019 02:53 PM

I created the following test:
    1- The name of the host with the name of the server that has the probe "Net-connect" plus server that will have its port tested. In the ip of this hos I placed the ip of the server to be tested.
    2 - Then I created a service with the same name "SPOBRCAUIMHOM01-10.96.166.24: 1433"
    3- With this I was able to be created in the base this name and thus could associate in a service in CA-SOI by the connector.
    4- I did the door tests and everything works.
    My question is is this setup correct, did some tests and is functional - can I confide?
    Do you have any idea how I can get the availability metrics for objects that do port tests?

configuration_profile_netconnectTesting_port.PNGobjet_In_db.PNGobjeto na base