Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Does API management solution support HTTP/2?

Posted Aug 14, 2018 09:19 PM

In case the backend service support HTTP/2, can CA Microgateway support it?

Best Regards

Stone

• 2.  Re: Does API management solution support HTTP/2?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:17 AM

Hi,

It seems it cannot unfortunately, because:

- Idea (enhancement) is still being tracked here: Support of HTTP/2. Please add any use case and requirements there.

- Microgateway 1.0 docops does not state HTTP/2.

Regards,

Koichi Ikarashi

• 3.  Re: Does API management solution support HTTP/2?

Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:44 AM

Hi, Koichi

Great thanks for your answer!

I also check the track "Support of HTTP/2.", and I found it was not updated since August 2017. So I raised this question for double confirmation.

As the usecase, it is that our customer requires HTTP/2 supporting for the backend service.

Best Regards

Stone

• 4.  Re: Does API management solution support HTTP/2?

Posted Aug 15, 2018 12:49 PM

Hi Stone,

It's a great question, and thank you for pointing out that the feature request hasn't been updated in some time now. I've reached out to one of our product owners to address this. Either himself or myself will be updating this thread and the HTTP/2 support idea in the very near future.

Thank you for your patience.

• 5.  Re: Does API management solution support HTTP/2?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:47 PM

Hi Stone,

I've spoken with a product owner of the CA API Gateway and they have provided the following statement in regards to it being a feature request and its possible timeline:

"HTTP/2 support is currently prioritized on the backlog for the Gateway. It is a high priority, however it will not be included in the next release of the Gateway.”

My interpretation of that - for what it's worth - is that it is on the timeline for a release in the future and it is probably "sooner than later” so-to-speak, but unfortunately is not part of the upcoming release.

So please stay tuned for support for HTTP/2 in the future. :-)