Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  uc4 JAVA API SystemWorkload

Posted Aug 14, 2018 01:41 PM

Java API - SystemWorkload 

Returns the data which is shown in the system overview as "Usage". What does "usage" exactly mean?

For example,

systemWorkload workload = new SystemWorkload();

connection.sendRequestAndWait(workload);
    System.out.println(workload.getTotalWorkload().getAverageLoad()); What is this showing?

• 2.  Re: uc4 JAVA API SystemWorkload

Posted Aug 16, 2018 04:26 AM

I believe it is the average percentage utilization of the AE system over the past hour. Specifically, it is the current average of B.60 numbers of all active AE server processes. It’s the same thing you would see in the Usage table in the System Overview (JUI) or the Automation Engine Management section of the Administration perspective (AWI).

See the (v12.2) documentation page on Processes & Usage.

• 3.  Re: uc4 JAVA API SystemWorkload

Posted Aug 16, 2018 08:56 AM

I would not mind CA/Automic explaining the actual workings. I, too, have wondered if this is a percentage of queue levels, a percentage of CPU loads for processes, some aggregate or something else entirely.

• 4.  Re: uc4 JAVA API SystemWorkload

Posted Aug 30, 2018 08:08 AM

A high level overview of what it is that was explained to me:

It’s ‘working time’ vs ‘Idle time’ for a process (in percent, so 0 – 100). Actually, each process has a task list (in the database – that’s the MQ* tables). Processes take a look at the task list and if there’s something to do (e.g. activate a job), that’s ‘working time’ (including database requests, network, …). If the task list is empty, it’ll wait for a task – that’s ‘Idle time’

• 5.  RE: uc4 JAVA API SystemWorkload

Posted Nov 06, 2019 12:34 AM
    Hello,

As the above code gives us the avg utilisation of the AE system. Is there any code to find the agent list from the client that we have connected from java API??

Thanks in advance:)