Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  NSG Console Service

Posted Aug 15, 2018 06:24 AM
      |   view attached

Is anyone aware of NSGConsole Service running on Automic DB (SQL)

this service is eating alot of CPU usage and causing the UI slowness.

I am not sure what it does and google did not help much.

Need to know if this can be removed or stopped in case not needed for Automic DB.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Shani

• 2.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:14 PM

Hi Shani,

I checked on my 12.0, 12.1, and 12.2 sandbox (which are using SQL server databases) and none of them had NSGConsole running on the OS task manager. So I believe this can be safely ended and is not needed. 

Best Regards,

-Leah

• 3.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:37 PM

As Leah has mentioned, we don't see any NSG Console (I also checked for any other process call:  _____Console on my v12 box but doesn't look like there is any)

From your screenshot it look like you have a database call NSG (is that the AE database?). 

It may be ok from an AE perspective to not used it (as we don't see any in our...  Anyone in the community see this process on their system?) but it could be that you have some other program on that machine which need/utilizing that 'NSG' Console. 

If you only recently noticed this process, I would recommend talking to your OS/System Admin and see if anything was added to the system recently.

• 4.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Aug 16, 2018 08:41 AM

I find several Google results for NSGConsole in conjunction with a product called "Netborder SS7 VoIP Media Gateway".

Does that sound like something that may be on the server also? Is there a description in the services.msc that points to the vendor, or in the file properties of the .exe file that the service consists of?

edit: Another product with an "NSG Console" would be Hewlett Packard Enterprise Virtualized Services Platform (HPE VNS).

• 5.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Aug 16, 2018 09:46 AM

right now the service is stopped, there is a folder which contains NSG back files and NSG_STAGE backup files.

I am connecting with DBAs on this.

Google says it's related to SQL DB backup on Azure 

will keep you posted with the findings We get.

Thanks everyone.

• 6.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Sep 13, 2018 06:03 PM

Hey shanikushwaha606112,

Were you able to find out anything conclusive about that NSG.

• 7.  Re: NSG Console Service

Posted Sep 14, 2018 06:57 AM

Hi Luu,

So, basically we were using 1 CPU on a quad core and going to configure 3 more with the help of Windows team.

as there was only 1 CPU configured, and NSG (another Database) jobs eat up the 99% of CPU AWI/UI used to get hung.

I hope with 3 additional CPUs configured we will be able to overcome the issue.

Will keep you posted as we proceed with the change.

Thanks

SHani