Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

If I switch a shared component, is it required to re-publish the process if the process doesn't change

• 1.  If I switch a shared component, is it required to re-publish the process if the process doesn't change

Posted Aug 16, 2018 03:12 AM

I have a shared components used in 40+ applications. This contains a general deployment step which inform the issue tracking system.

When I want to change the shared component to a new revision I need to switch it over these 40 applications and it gives a notice about the flows/processes being updated, but does this also mean to process needs to be re-published? The process basically only contains a flow of the SC.

• 2.  Re: If I switch a shared component, is it required to re-publish the process if the process doesn't change
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 04:15 AM

Hi,

Yes, you need to republish your processes for existed deployments.

When you switch revision of shared component, it will be affected to only designing processes. So, the operation doesn't impact published processes. 

It also means you can select processes which you want to update.

If you want to know which processes use the shared component, you can use "Find Usages" menu.

Regards

Yas