Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to avoid receiving notifications of my own changes in Agile Central? I want all other changes, but I don't need an email for my own.

• 1.  Is there any way to avoid receiving notifications of my own changes in Agile Central? I want all other changes, but I don't need an email for my own.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 03:59 AM

Essentially I want to see all changes made to defects/user stories etc to which I'm assigned, but obviously I don't want to get any emails about the actions I myself take in Agile Central. I already know what I'm doing in there.

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to avoid receiving notifications of my own changes in Agile Central? I want all other changes, but I don't need an email for my own.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 05:37 AM

Hi Maria,

With regards to your question, you can use Watch Work Items feature instead of the notifications. 

Per the manual : "When a work item is being watched, an email notification is generated for each edit made by other users (but not for your own edits)." I hope that helps. 

Kind Regards,

Piotr

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to avoid receiving notifications of my own changes in Agile Central? I want all other changes, but I don't need an email for my own.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 05:46 AM

Hello Piotr,

I do use that feature when I'm watching items that aren't mine, but would like to not have to go through and individually catch things that are assigned to me and then manually watch them. Rather, I just want notifications of changes made to my items by others. Is there really no other way to eliminate notifications to me for my own actions? I know Confluence can do this...

• 4.  Re: Is there any way to avoid receiving notifications of my own changes in Agile Central? I want all other changes, but I don't need an email for my own.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 07:05 AM

Hi Maria,

You're right. In order to achieve your goal indeed you can setup the notification(s) in the following way. First please uncheck (if already checked) box : "Notify me about changes to my Defects (and items directly related to them)" and add the following rules for the chosen Work Items : 

Change Author !=  'your_username'

Owner = 'your_username'

I hope that helps. 

-Piotr