Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Posted Aug 16, 2018 03:56 PM

Hello everyone,

Over the last little while, we've been building a repository of policy templates which can be used by anybody who sees a use for them in their own environment. While it's still a work in progress (and always will be), we believe we have a sufficient pool of policy templates to choose from now that we'd like to make sure you're aware of this feature in the community. Of course, more will be added as we move along too, as this is what I'd call a "living” repository of policy templates.

These policies will be great starting points when building services that may be complex in nature or are perhaps fringe use-cases which need a solid foundation to build from, for example.

There are typically two areas you'll find that are tagged as a template for the "policy repository”:

• A CA employee or Community Champion has uploaded a document to the community, which has an attached policy that is either well commented/documented or is explained well in the document itself, including what the problem or use-case is that the attached policy attempts to solve.

• A CA employee or community member has attached an example policy in an answer to a question (or a response to a discussion) in the community, that at least greatly assists in answering the question or fully answers it, and that CA believes others will find very helpful for their own similar use-cases.

We hope this new focus on building a policy template repository for our users will come in very handy and will even further allow more creative juices to flow with creating even more useful policy templates or variations on existing ones, for example. Please be sure to chime in on any of these policy templates with your own questions or to add any variations to the policy template as you see fit (as long as it is also properly explained/documented).

This is just one more way we are working to make your life a little easier. :-)

You can view our policy template repository here: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~tag%5Bpolicy+repository%5D

Also, we have a really cool new button to show it off on the homepage! I'd like to give a shout out to our Community Admin (Melanie Guiliani) for the assistance on that one. Thank you, Melanie. Also a huge shout out to dasjo02 for the sheer amount of policy templates provided so far - great work Joe!

Please reach out if you have any questions around the repository of policy templates.

• 2.  Re: Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:40 AM

Great to see that this repository is now available. This will be extremely useful. I always get questions from (potential) customers on where they can find samples and best practices. Being able to point them here will help a lot in answering that question.

• 3.  Re: Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Posted Aug 21, 2018 01:34 PM

I'm happy to hear this will be helpful. I expect this will become even more helpful as we move forward too, since more will be added over time by not only CA folks but active users as well (such as yourself) who have a lot of great things to contribute to the community. I'm looking forward to seeing this grow.

• 4.  Re: Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 10:02 PM

Note for those adding code segments, the actual tag that needs to be added to the document is "policy repository" not "policy template” - Cheers - Mark

• 5.  Re: Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Posted Sep 17, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that catch! I've made the correction now.

• 6.  RE: Presenting to you... Policy Templates

Posted Dec 08, 2021 07:32 AM
    Hi,
    This is a great idea. Wish I'd discovered it sooner.
    However, I'd like to check if this is still available. I don't believe the hostname is still accessible.
    Much appreciated