CA Service Management

• 1.  Mails are stuck in Maileater mailbox.

Posted Aug 17, 2018 05:12 AM

Hey CA.

We experience issues with Maileater mailbox. Emails which are sent got stuck in the mailbox and don't create incidents in CASDM. They stuck in the mailbox where usually the just goes further. This is the second time it happened. Last time it just got unstuck after a few hours. I didn't restart anything. We logged a ticket with our local IT to check Exchange but they didn't find anything. I don't see anything peculiar in stdlogs. Have you experienced something like this and have possible solutions? I would very much appreciate any ideas.

• 2.  Re: Mails are stuck in Maileater mailbox.

Posted Aug 17, 2018 03:01 PM

We had few issues like this, but the reason was the emails with a lot of text send by dataprotector software.

• 3.  Re: Mails are stuck in Maileater mailbox.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:49 AM

Kondziu 

What version of SDM is being used?

We have seen some weird Maileater behavior in CA SDM 17.1.

• 4.  Re: Mails are stuck in Maileater mailbox.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2018 05:22 AM

Hey,

We're on 17.1. I've got a response from CA that there is a patch pix, but first we must apply roll-up to upgrade CA to 17.1.0.1. I've seen in know issues for 17.1 there are a few things maileater related. I assume patches should do the trick.

• 5.  Re: Mails are stuck in Maileater mailbox.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:04 AM

Kondziu 

You are correct - you need to apply CA SDM 17.1 Rollup Patch #1 (RU1) first.

CA Support is currently in the process of testing and packaging a fix that addresses several maileater issues in CA SDM 17.1.

Once the fix is available, an announcement will be made.