Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

I had come across a scenario for flat file masking where I have same column that contains 11 length and 9 length but i should only mask only 9 length data and i should not mask 11 length data. I am unable to use length in the where clause.

• 1.  I had come across a scenario for flat file masking where I have same column that contains 11 length and 9 length but i should only mask only 9 length data and i should not mask 11 length data. I am unable to use length in the where clause.

Posted Aug 17, 2018 12:36 PM

I had come across a scenario for flat file masking where I have same column that contains 11 length and 9 length but i should only mask only 9 length data and i should not mask 11 length data. I am unable to use length in the where clause. 

• 2.  Re: I had come across a scenario for flat file masking where I have same column that contains 11 length and 9 length but i should only mask only 9 length data and i should not mask 11 length data. I am unable to use length in the where clause.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:21 AM

Hi,

It is normal that you cannot use a SQL function on a flat file.

You can split your flat file into 2 files, once for each length. Assuming that the column to mask is a character column. If it is an numeric value than you can use a where clause value < maxvalue.

Or you can load the flat file into a table and use the LEN function.

BR,

Peter

• 3.  Re: I had come across a scenario for flat file masking where I have same column that contains 11 length and 9 length but i should only mask only 9 length data and i should not mask 11 length data. I am unable to use length in the where clause.

Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:48 PM

Hi, Thanks for your answer . Appreciate that . Actually right now we are using the same approach as you mentioned as a work around . Thanks again .