Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet entry allows past the date of termination

Posted Aug 19, 2018 10:39 AM

CA PPM 14.3

When a resource has the term date on Friday, the timesheet is not showing any future timesheet whereas when a resource has a term date in the middle of the week, the system is allowing timesheet for the entire week.  There is no validation against the term date.

Example1 : Date of Termination 08/03/2018.  The timesheet is visible and available for entry

Example2: Date of Termination 08/08/2018 - The timesheet is visible for the entire week and allow the user to enter time past the term date.

I do understand that, as a process the resource manager review the timesheet and approve based on the the term date.  It would be hard for the resource manager to remember the term date for each contractor and approve the timesheet.

How do I systematically prevent the user not to enter time after the term date?

Any thoughts!

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Timesheet entry allows past the date of termination

Posted Aug 19, 2018 01:11 PM

A couple of years ago we experienced the same in 12.3 (if my memory serves me correct)

The way we experienced that was that those timesheets came up in error checking.

Rather than trying to changed the standard functionality, it was decided that for the purposes of CA PPM (Clarity at the time) it was acceptable to put the DoT (Fire Date) as the last day of the time entry period during which the termination happened. The responsibility of the timesheet approver was to see that the timeentries after the actual date of termination were zero. If a timesheet came up in the error report because the DoT was before the last day of the time period PMO would change the DoT and see that the timeentries after the actual DoT were zero.

• 3.  Re: Timesheet entry allows past the date of termination

Posted Aug 20, 2018 02:18 AM

Hi Urmas.  Thanks for your response.  That was a Great Idea!!!

So I understand that, there was no OOTB validation against DOH and DOT.

• 4.  Re: Timesheet entry allows past the date of termination

Posted Aug 20, 2018 02:16 AM

Hi Venkitta,

As per my understanding, if the Date of Termination is in the middle of the week, the Timesheet will show the week remaining days as read only and will not allow Actual Hours to be filled in. Did you check this on the user's Timesheet?

Suhail.

• 5.  Re: Timesheet entry allows past the date of termination

Posted Aug 20, 2018 02:19 AM

Yes. I already checked and the remaining days are NOT grayed out.