Clarity

• 1.  What's in a Database?

Posted Aug 17, 2018 04:34 PM

Hey fellow Clarity users,

I got JasperSoft hooked up to dev and prod Clarity adapters. I want to query tables like srm_resources and cmn_sec_assgnd_right. 

The problem is that it looks like there are hundreds of databases to choose from such as ABITU01, ACHSA09, SANNI06, ZORST01, and so on. No clue what any of these mean. Trying to click into a database to look at the options to see "synonym," "table," and "view" takes several seconds, let alone then trying go into each of those to look for tables and views. 

Has anyone else run into this problem? How do I find the tables or views that are useful to me?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: What's in a Database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 04:49 PM

I believe you are talking about Jaspersoft Studio and you see too many users or while creating a domain you are seeing the same. These are the users who are in the database and you will need to use the user which is yours and it will be labelled as Current in Studio 

Jaspersoft Studio Professional CA JDBC Adapter - CA PPM SaaS - 15.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: What's in a Database?

Posted Aug 17, 2018 05:06 PM

Hey Suman, 

I do see the "user" that I am, which is labelled "(CURRENT)," but it looks like it's missing a lot of tables or views that I know have been queried within the last few months by someone else. Another user used to run select information like the SRM_ and CMN_ tables or views listed above. Why would they not be in my user?

Thanks again!

• 4.  Re: What's in a Database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 05:12 PM

Hi Shawn

I saw this issue and this can happen when the datasource is not updated. The fix is to login to PPM --> navigate to Advance reporting --> search for user Jasperadmin --> Edit the user and go to Attribute tabs and delete the attribute and then ask our Ondemand team to run admin update jasperParameters 

Details of this command and other Jaspersoft commands are listed here List of Jaspersoft Commands in accordance with CA PPM Version 

This doesn't need any restart of PPM but you need to log a case so that we can help you.