Service Operations Insight

• 1.  EEM MSCS installation

Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi,

I was installing CA SOI 4.2 in MSCS environment. My plan is to install EEM in Cluster environment, since it is now available with 4.2 version.I installed the EEM on both the nodes and i ran the HA kit, but it failed. I installed the EEM along with Manager.

Need Help.

Regards

Ankur Mishra

• 2.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:35 AM

Hello Ankur,

I don’t think you can run HA Toolkit for EEM Cluster setup.

Here is the procedure to setup EEM in failover.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-embedded-entitlements-manager/12-51/en/configuring/failover-configuration/how-to-set-up-a-failover-environment/configure-a-primary-server

Thanks

Brahma

• 3.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:50 AM

Hi Brahma,

Can you please check below document where it says that EEM can be installed on Cluster.

How to Configure Node A - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Below is that Article.

Configure CA EEM Data Store Replication

The CA EEM release that is shipped with CA SOI uses CA Directory as its data store. This component provides built-in support for data store replication. When CA EEM is installed in a cluster environment, data store replication ensures that customization of the Operations Console such as preferences, users, and group configuration is consistent regardless of the active node. We recommend data store replication to eliminate the need to repeat configuration and preferences on each node.

When CA EEM is installed on two cluster nodes, Node A reports to CA EEM on Node A when active. Similarly, Node B reports to CA EEM on Node B when active. CA EEM has its own data store on each cluster node. Each CA EEM is configured to extract LDAP data individually, because this data is not replicated.

Complete the following process to configure CA EEM data store replication:

Note: The following process only applies if CA EEM is installed on the same cluster.
    1. Install CA EEM on each cluster node of the CA SOI cluster resource group. In a multi-cluster CA SOI deployment, install CA EEM on the same cluster as the SA Manager.
    2. Install CA SOI on each cluster node and provide the following information about the EEM Server Settings page:
      • Specify the virtual node name in the EEM Server field.
      • Specify SOI-<VIRTUALNODE> in the Application Name field.

Note: If you change the format of this field, ensure that the Application Name is the same on all cluster nodes.
    3. When you run the HA Resource Kit on each cluster node, a page opens asking to configure CA EEM data store replication if CA EEM is installed on the cluster node. Click Yes on this dialog.
      The Resource Kit customizes the required files for multi-write, which automatically synchronizes the application data in the CA EEM data store. This data includes Operations Console privileges, groups, and preferences, but not external users and groups extracted from external sources such as Active Directory.
      A confirmation page opens.

Note: Click Yes to enable and configure CA EEM data store replication if CA EEM is or will be installed on all nodes of the cluster.
    4. Click OK.
      The CA Directory services are restarted. Data store replication is enabled after you run the Resource Kit on all cluster nodes with CA EEM installed.

Configure CA EEM on each cluster node regardless of data store replication. If CA EEM is configured to use an external directory, configure each node, because external directory data is not synchronized.

The communication on cluster nodes is already trusted, so CA EEM data store replication does not use certificates in a cluster environment.

• 4.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 07:36 AM

Hi Ankur,

Got your point.

Basically, EEM is not cluster aware but in this scenario we are installing EEM on 2 SOI Cluster nodes as documented below

When CA EEM is installed on two cluster nodes, Node A reports to CA EEM on Node A when active. Similarly, Node B reports to CA EEM on Node B when active. CA EEM has its own data store on each cluster node. Each CA EEM is configured to extract LDAP data individually, because this data is not replicated.

What is the error when running HA toolkit? Can you attach a screenshot?

Regards

Brahma

• 5.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Posted Aug 21, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi Brahma,

So basically i tried various methods:-

1) Installed EEM on 2 nodes which are in cluster. Ran HA kit (SSAHA). Gave me an error. Snapshot attached.

2) Installed EEM on 2 nodes which are in cluster and performed the steps as mentioned by you https://docops.ca.com/ca-embedded-entitlements-manager/12-51/en/configuring/failover-configuration/how-to-set-up-a-failover-environment/configure-a-primary-server

It ran perfectly fine. No Errors

3) Installed EEM on 2 nodes which are in cluster and then installed SOI Manager (Manager, MQ Server and Universal Connector Client) on the same 2 nodes (Since as per the document EEM needs to be installed along with SOI Manager). Ran the HA kit (SSAHA), it asked me to select the cluster drive and completion pop up came. Snapshot attached.

But as per the document, it says that the HA kit page opens asking to configure CA EEM data store replication if CA EEM is installed on the cluster node. This did not happened with me.

Regards

Ankur Mishra

• 6.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Posted Aug 21, 2018 03:23 AM

3rd Point3rd Point3rd Point3rd Point

• 7.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Posted Aug 21, 2018 03:19 AM

1 Point

• 8.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 08:15 AM

Hello Ankur, can you please raise a case with CA Support to followup on this.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 9.  Re: EEM MSCS installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 08:55 AM

Ankur had raised a support case, after following the SOI Wiki page for this configuration, now EEM is configured as explained in the document

Issue resolved