Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

• 1.  QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:09 PM

In the "full view" of tasks in a user story/defect, there is an option to "copy tasks from" another story/defect. 

However, in the QDP view when I click on the "task" group on the top and open the list of tasks on the left side of the page, I don't see this option.

Is there something I'm missing or are we going to lose this option in QDP?

There are some things like @mention and templates that are only available in QDP and there is this "copy tasks from" that is available in only the "full view". It's really frustrating to keep toggling between 2 different views to access all the features.

• 2.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:55 PM

You can copy tasks 'from' other artifacts on the Iteration Status and Release Status pages.  It does look like something did change however, I will look at older versions or try to see if this behavior is to be replaced with something in the future.

• 3.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:07 PM

becro02: Thank you for your quick response. Although I am able to copy from the iteration status page, I'm only able to do so if I'm in the list view. I generally use the kanban view and I don't see how I can do this in this view. 

Also, are you saying that this option will not be available in the QDP? (this is what I understand when you say "replaced with something")

• 4.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:12 PM

Hi,

There certainly does not appear to be the option in QDP.  I will need to find out if there are future plans for it there.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 5.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:14 PM

Thank you! I appreciate it. 

I'll look forward to any other alternatives that you might come up with, in your research.

Regards,

Nivi

• 6.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 06:10 PM

Hi Niveditha;

At this time I do not see that the item to copy tasks within QDP is on the roadmap.  The best options I can suggest is to use the yellow feedback button on the QDP view and voice your desire, or submit an enhancement request through ideas.rallydev.com.  (How to submit an Enhancement Request using the Ide - CA Knowledge )

• 7.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:54 AM

Thank you. Will do that. 

Regards,

Nivi

• 8.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 21, 2018 12:05 PM

I wanted to quickly update that I did create an idea for this. If anyone comes by this please do vote.

https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4786 

• 9.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:44 AM

Hey becro02,

While using the "copy tasks from" in iteration status page, I have observed that the order of tasks is not retained. Is this expected out of the feature?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 10.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 02:52 PM

Tasks are ranked, or more correctly indexed only against the parent artifact to which they are associated.  Copying or moving Tasks does not retain any such order or ranking.

• 11.  Re: QDP - "Copy tasks from" option

Posted Aug 23, 2018 03:09 PM

Thanks for letting me know.